May 7, 2018
Tim Munro, and Industrial IoT Specialist for Advantech, shares his experience
serving the Energy Sector and explores the following:
- What is the energy sector today is
looking to accomplish using IoT
- Utilities have their own security
standards based on the distrbuted nature of the power grid called
SCADA. How does Advantech comply with the requirements?
- Advantech does a lot of intelligence
at the edge solutions, does that mean it is replacing industrial
- Power Utilities have a lot of outside
systems. Are Advantech's systems ruggedized?
- What stage of adoption are our power
companies and their ecosystems in today?
We also delved into discussion with
Munro about Industry 4.0 and why it is an early adopter of